Thursday, August 03, 2006

Basement of solitude

Sitting here, in my baement, i get a lot of time to think. Actually, strike that.I take a lot of time to think. I have work to do, but i'll be quite honest here, i don't like doing it, so i'm not killing myself. Taking regular daydream breaks, occasional stare into space breaks, and frequent much-needed glazing over breaks. No one really checks up on me, no one has ever given me ajob description, so y'know, until this role is defined, I'm going to define it myself.

My definition: Job hunting and daydreaming!

Although, the bosses have been encroaching on my very important reflection time with their hilarious tasks. Boss A's tasks are uniformly bizarre and humiliating. (buy me lunch, visit my wife, look at security footage) Boss B's tasks, on the other hand, always seem a bit more underhanded, and sometimes sound like spam subject lines. 'I'm 5IcK of PAYING for TOP RATE 5oftw8re!' or some other deal involving him and the FORMER DEFENC AND fINANCIAL MINISTER OF GHANA, and having a bunch of cash he needs to move fast. (although it is Boss A who owns the chemist, giving boss B access, i suppose to CEHAP V!A5RA AND SIAL!s. (could save $$$s!) (awesome!)

Anyway. They also hide, from me, each other, customers, everyone. Which means then that they give out when i can't find them because a polish carpenter with an unpronouncable name is standing at the front door looking to talk to them, and instead is telling me that we have nice weather in broken english. (The weather isn't in a mysterious place called broken english, i'm just depressingly unsure of where to put the comma)

I love it here. (especially since i have a new way of looking at it. it's temping noir. where i'm the beaten down Sam Spade type, who's taking the simple job for the money, but all of a sudden there's more to it than first meets the eye. It's great, i wisecrack, there's an eastern european girl who walks into the room like she had a designer purse full of trouble and the only thing i'm missing is the bottle of scotch in my desk drawer)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home