Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday, i wear gloves! (to the tune of the cure)

It's friday here in basment of mystery. And since everyday is casual-labour day, what's different about today? Well, the bosses have vanished. Off the face of the earth, at about ten o'clock this morning, along with bunches of the staff.

In an interesting move, they also scheduled a whole bunch of people for interview this afternoon, then ran away. Seems to be kind of a corporate knick-knack. As a result, for a goodly part of the day there were these earnest guys in suits sitting in the main hall, telling me it was fine that they'd waited for 45 minutes as i chased down anyone who'd even pretend to interview them.

But for the most part there's just me, down in basement of solitude. Awesome. Of course, i've been in the job a work week now, so i can banter with some of the people. (all girls, and one gay guy) (i'm assuming he's gay. That's unfair) So, they sometimes drop in if there's photocopying. Which leads me to the neurotic dilemma that's permeating the rest of this otherwise blisfully work-free afternoon.

The gay guy rang me up for a prank call, pretending to order some coffees. And after a bit i laughingly told him to 'g'wan back to work with yourself'. Then, thinking that was a bit too serious, i rang him, and prank called him, pretending to order pizza. Gay enough in itself, but when it's to a gay guy...

so yes. Apparently, in moments of boredom, born of neurosis, I inadvertently flirt with gay guys.

Time, I think, to go kiss some girls, drink some beer and cook steak on a barbecue.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

And when were you going to tell me about the new blog? If I go into the office without enough blog subscriptions, I just sit there. That's why it's 15:23 and I haven't even had a shower yet, let alone gone in.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Riona said...

I concur.
Where is the new stuff?
The juicy bits?

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home